Your personal data and who we are
Ecologi is a trading name of Ecologi Action Limited ("we", "us", or "our", “Ecologi”) and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We want you to know and understand why we need certain personal data and what we will do with it. Underlying all our purposes is our passion to plant trees & fund the world’s best climate crisis solutions. You may need to give us your personal data to use our Services (events that you care about all the way through to planting trees and everything else that we do to help you become carbon neutral).
and includes associated event websites (such as itstime.earth
) (“the Websites
For the purpose of data protection laws, the data controller in respect of the Websites is Ecologi Action Limited, a company incorporated in England & Wales (company number 11911630) whose registered office is at Hikenield House, East Anton Court, Icknield Way, Andover, Hampshire, England, SP10 5RG.
Any changes we may make to this policy and how we use your data in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information that we may collect from you
Personal Information is information that identifies you specifically (such as your name, address, phone number, email address, your internet protocol address (“IP address”)). The types of Personal Information we collect and share depend on the service you have with us. We only collect such information when you choose to supply it to us. You confirm that the information you enter about yourself is true. Examples of the confidential Personal Information we may collect and maintain include the below:
Information you give us
Some parts of the Services require you to actively submit information for you to benefit from specific features, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our Services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include Personal Information.
Information we collect about you
Automated anonymous information may be collected when you interact with us via the Websites and with our emails, which may include but is not limited to:
- Technical information such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our web pages;
- Remarketing information which lets us reach out to you when you search on Google using our keywords or visit other websites. You may be shown an ad that might encourage you to return to our site; third-party vendors, including Google and Facebook, show our ads on sites across the Internet.
- These providers help us carry out many of the above activities. We only give them the parts of your Personal Information that they need. And we make it clear to them that they must keep your personal data safe and only use it for those specific services.
- Clickstream information such as the address (or URL) of the website that you came from before visiting our site, which pages you visit on the site, which browser you used to view the site and any search terms you may have entered on the site, among other things.
- Web beacons to allow us to know if a certain page was visited or an email was opened, when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details.
- When you use our site on your mobile device, we may collect information about the type of device and operating system you use. We may ask you if you want to receive push notifications about activity in your account.
- If you opt in to these notifications and later no longer want to receive them, you may turn them off through your operating system.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Partners we work with:
- When you visit our Websites, Microsoft sets cookies based on your visits and searches you make on Bing in order to show you relevant adverts on Bing and MSN. These Cookies are called ‘MUID’ and ‘MR’ and are stored for between 6 months and two years.
- You can opt out here.
- You can opt out here if you have a Facebook account or adjust your browser settings if you don’t have an account.
- For more information about why you are seeing a particular advert, please see here.
- You can use Ads Settings to manage the Google ads you see and opt out of Ads Personalisation. Even if you opt out of Ads Personalisation, you may still see ads based on factors such as your general location derived from your IP address, your browser type, and your search terms.
CUSTOM AND LOOKALIKE AUDIENCES
- We use Custom and Lookalike Audiences at Ecologi to advertise to existing and potential customers via social media platforms.
- A Custom Audience is a type of audience created made up of existing customers. We target ads to the audience we have created across common social media channels, outlined below.
- We also work with carefully selected partners to create Lookalike Audiences: which are lists of people to target with advertising who are similar to (or 'look like') people currently engaging with us.
- For both types of activity (custom audiences and lookalike audiences) we aim to target people based on aggregate customer behaviour.
The partners we work with include:
Uses made of this information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our Services;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products or services that may interest you or them;
- To resolve any problems that your report to us (troubleshooting).
Information we receive from other sources
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties (including third parties outside of the EU) for the purpose of:
- processing a subscription, or otherwise in relation to fulfilling a transaction you have made via our Services;
- for customer services where you may have a query or complaint regarding the Services;
- for marketing services (where you have consented to receive such marketing services);
- for processing payment (including fraud screening);
- for advertising on our Websites in our emails and elsewhere on the internet, including targeted advertising of Ecologis’s own products and services;
- collecting your comments if you choose to provide feedback through our Website; and
- for undertaking any other permitted use of your Personal Information on our behalf.
These service providers will only have access to the Personal Information needed to perform the relevant service and may not use your Personal Information for any other purpose. They will also be required to use your Personal Information strictly in accordance with data protection laws, including maintaining adequate security measures to protect such Personal Information.
We may also share your personal information
- with legal or regulatory authorities where we are lawfully requested or required to do so.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Ecologi or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
We take the security of your data very seriously. We employ physical, electronic and administrative security measures to protect the information that we collect about you from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by the data protection laws.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers hosted within Amazon Web Services or on our encrypted computers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted and processed by our payment service provider. We will not store the full PAN plus any of the following: cardholder name, expiration date and/or service code (“Cardholder Data”) ourselves but this will be securely processed by our payment service provider. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
The Websites may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The data protection laws give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the data protection laws. You may obtain these details by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you and we may require proof of your identity before we supply the information to you.
Deactivating your account
Upon request from you (by contacting us at email@example.com
) we will deactivate your account and render your Personal Information unusable as soon as reasonably possible, in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our terms and conditions, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Ecologi Action Ltd, company number 11911630
Registered office: Hikenield House, East Anton Court, Icknield Way, Andover, Hampshire, England, SP10 5RG